Total AAJI Claims Grows 26.1 Percent

By : Wiyanto Dan Aldo Bella Putra | Friday, March 16 2018 - 23:00 IWST

Ilustrasi Asuransi (bisnisasuransiindo.com)
Ilustrasi Asuransi (bisnisasuransiindo.com)

INDUSTRY.co.id - Jakarta - The life insurance industry remains committed to fulfilling its responsibilities in paying claims and benefits.

Head of Best Practice Sector AAJI Rianto Djojosugito said, in the fourth quarter of 2017, total claims and benefits grew 26.1%, to Rp. 121.08 trillion compared to the same period in 2016 of Rp. 96.05 trillion.

"Claims of the Reduced Value (Surrender), in the fourth quarter of 2017 increased by 28.6% compared to the previous year to Rp. 67.28 trillion, this claim has the largest proportion in payment of claims and benefits, which amounted to 55.6%," he said in Jakarta, Friday (16/3/2018).

He said the increase is expected because of the increasing public demand for cash to meet daily needs.

Partial Withdrawal claims, he continued, also experienced growth, increased by 28.9% over the same period in 2016, to Rp. 17.49 trillion and contributed 14.4%.

While health claims (medical), recorded increased 0.7% to Rp. 9.35 trillion, this increase is due to increased personal health claims by 5.3% in the fourth quarter of 2017.

"As many as 54.4% of medical claims come from health insurance products collection and the remaining 45.6% comes from individual health insurance products," he said.

News Comment

Today's Industry

President Jokowi on Monday (14/06/2021) inspects mass COVID-19 vaccination at the Patriot Candrabhaga Stadium, Bekasi, West Java. Photo by: BPMI of Presidential Secretariat

Selasa, 15 Juni 2021 - 22:15 WIB

President Jokowi Inspects Mass COVID-19 Vaccination in Bekasi

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on Monday (14/06/2021) inspected mass COVID-19 vaccination at the Patriot Candrabhaga Stadium, Bekasi, West Java.

President Jokowi inspects mass COVID-19 vaccination at Pluit Dam, Jakarta. (14/06/2021). (Photo by: Press Media and Communication Bureau of Presidential Secretariat/Laily)

Selasa, 15 Juni 2021 - 20:31 WIB

President Jokowi Says Jakarta Must Provide 100,000 Doses of Vaccine Per Day

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo Monday (14/06) inspected mass COVID-19 vaccination at Pluit dam in North Jakarta.

Minister of Cooperatives and SMEs Teten Masduki with Bandung Culinary Community at Orbital Dago, Bandung city, West Java province. (11/06/2021). (Photo by: PR of Ministry of Cooperatives and SMEs)

Selasa, 15 Juni 2021 - 19:00 WIB

Minister Urges SME Players to Build Joint Brand to Boost Competitiveness

It is important for businesses to achieve economies of scale to boost competitiveness, according to Minister of Cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Teten Masduki. The Minister…

Minister of Manpower Ida Fauziyah delivered a statement in the Presidential Office, Monday, (10/8). Photo by: BPMI

Selasa, 15 Juni 2021 - 17:50 WIB

Gov’t Committed to Eliminating Child Labor: Minister

Minister of Manpower Ida Fauziyah has reaffirmed the Government’s commitment to eliminatie child labor. The Minister delivered the statement in her keynote speech at “End Child Labor: Virtual…

Minister of Religious Affairs Yaqut Cholil Qoumas (Photo: PR of Cabinet Secretariat)

Selasa, 15 Juni 2021 - 16:30 WIB

Gov’t to Focus on 2022 Hajj Following This Year’s Cancellation

The Government has announced it will focus on the preparation of the 2022 hajj pilgrimage (annual Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca) following the decision to cancel this year’s hajj pilgrimage due…