Minister Basuki Reveals the Importance of Taxes in Infrastructure Development

By : Hariyanto And Aldi Firhand. A | Tuesday, March 20 2018 - 20:30 IWST

President Director of PT Bank BTN, Maryono and PUPR Minister, Basuki Hadimoeljono at the opening of IPEX 2018
President Director of PT Bank BTN, Maryono and PUPR Minister, Basuki Hadimoeljono at the opening of IPEX 2018

INDUSTRY.co.id - Jakarta - Minister of Public Works and Public Housing (PUPR) Basuki Hadimuljono said the contribution of taxes to the State Budget (APBN), which reaches 70%, has great value in funding various infrastructure development projects currently underway.

"The tax is the main source of our APBN, and the state budget is also allocated for infrastructure development, be it water, housing, energy, to transportation connectivity," he said at the Ministry of Public Works and Public Housing, Jakarta, Tuesday (20/3/2018).

The allocation of APBN 2018 funds allocated for infrastructure development reached Rp 370 trillion. Of this amount, Rp 106 trillion was given to the Ministry of PUPR.

Meanwhile, Director General of Taxes Robert Pakpahan said, up to now there are 6.4 million reports of Annual Income Tax Return (SPT) of Income Tax (PPh) of individuals entering the system of Directorate General of Taxes Ministry of Finance.

"Of the total SPT reporting that has been entered, 75 percent is delivered via e Filing, and the remaining 25 percent manually," said Robert.

He revealed, most of the state budget donated to the education sector, health and infrastructure. "We appeal, let's take the time to find data and fill SPT PPh 2018. The result will be good for this country and for our children," he said.

News Comment

Today's Industry

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo Wednesday (16/06) inspected mass COVID-19 vaccination for workers in financial service sector held at Tennis Indoor Senayan, Jakarta

Kamis, 17 Juni 2021 - 20:10 WIB

President Jokowi Inspects Mass COVID-19 Vaccination for Workers in Financial Sector

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo Wednesday (16/06) inspected mass COVID-19 vaccination for workers in financial service sector held at Tennis Indoor Senayan, Jakarta.

Minister of Manpower Ida Fauziyah delivered a statement in the Presidential Office, Monday, (10/8). Photo by: BPMI

Kamis, 17 Juni 2021 - 19:00 WIB

Manpower Minister Tells Companies to Reinforce Health Protocols

Companies must continue to enforce strict health protocols in the workplace, particularly amidst the recent spike in COVID-19 cases in several regions, Minister of Manpower Ida Fauziyah has…

President Jokowi inaugurates Indonesia’s Export Release to the Global Market online at Bogor Presidential Palace, West Java (04/12/2020). (Photo by: Press Media and Information Bureau of Presidential Secretariat/Lukman)

Kamis, 17 Juni 2021 - 17:55 WIB

Indonesia Reports Upward Trend Economic Recovery

The Government has announced that Indonesia economic recovery will continue in line with the positive trend of exports and imports. For the record, Indonesia’s exports in May 2021 reached…

International Labour Organization (ILO)

Kamis, 17 Juni 2021 - 16:20 WIB

Indonesia Elected Member of ILO Governing Body

Indonesia has been chosen as a regular member of the Governing Body (GB) of the International Labour Organization (ILO) for the 2021-2024 period and will represent the Asia Pacific region along…

Minister of Home Affairs Tito Karnavian. Photo by: PR of Cabinet Secretariat

Kamis, 17 Juni 2021 - 15:40 WIB

Gov’t Extends Micro-Scale Restrictions to 28 June

The Government has decided to extend the implementation of Micro-Scale Activity Restrictions (PPKM Mikro) from 15 June to 28 June 2021.