Ministry of ESDM SendsInvestigating Team on Illegal Wells

By : Hariyanto And Aldo Bella Putra | Thursday, April 26 2018 - 17:30 IWST

Gedung SKK Migas (en.tempo.co)
Gedung SKK Migas (en.tempo.co)

INDUSTRY.co.id - Jakarta - The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM) sent an investigation team to tackle the illegal well fires in East Aceh.

Head of Communications, Public Information Services and Cooperation Bureau of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Agung Pribadi in Jakarta, Wednesday said together with PT Pertamina, has sent a special team to follow up the fire incident.

"Clearly this is 'illegal drilling' (drilling wells), then law enforcement officers will follow up," said Agung.

Personally, Agung expressed concern over the incident due to the incidence of casualties. Technically, the handling of illegal wells will be communicated by law apparatus and PT Pertamina.

Meanwhile, on another occasion, Police Public Relations Division Head Insp. Gen. Setyo Wasisto confirmed that the traditional oil wells in East Aceh that exploded were not licensed or illegal.

Setyo at Police Headquarters, Jakarta, told media crew that the oil wells are similar to a number of traditional oil wells in areas such as Blora, Central Java and Cepu, East Java, which are handled manually by local residents.

He said the ban on drawing oil wells became a dilemma for the government.

"If it is prohibited, the government will be too harsh, but it is dangerous because the government forbids it because it is dangerous," he said.

Previously, the explosion in the traditional oil wells occurred in Pasir Putih Village, Ranto Peureulak Subdistrict, East Aceh Regency on Wednesday at 02.00 am in the morning.

The explosion occurred as residents attempted to dig a well filled with oil. The well then exploded and spewed fire as high as 100 meters from the well location.

This incident caused 10 deaths and 40 injured.

News Comment

Today's Industry

Beras (Foto/Rizki Meirino)

Rabu, 21 Februari 2024 - 08:43 WIB

Gov’t to Continue Disbursing Rice Assistance

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has ensured that the Government will continue rolling out the rice assistance program for low-income families. The President made the statement when handing…

Ilustrasi pabrik beras. (Foto: DetikFood)

Rabu, 21 Februari 2024 - 08:40 WIB

Bapanas Head Ensures Availability of Rice Stock Ahead of Ramadan

The National Food Agency (Bapanas) has ensured the availability of rice for the fasting month of Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr 1445 Hijri/2024 CE. “We believe that there is enough rice for the fasting…

Receives Chairman of Jababeka (KIJA), Menpora Dito Ready to Support the Development of Sports SEZs

Rabu, 21 Februari 2024 - 08:23 WIB

Receives Chairman of Jababeka (KIJA), Menpora Dito Ready to Support the Development of Sports SEZs

Chairman of PT Jababeka Tbk (KIJA), Setyono Djuandi Darmono met the Minister of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Indonesia (Menpora RI) Dito Ariotedjo at the Kemenpora RI Office, Senayan,…

The Indonesian Embassy in Cairo Receives Aid for Palestine

Senin, 19 Februari 2024 - 17:39 WIB

The Indonesian Embassy in Cairo Receives Aid for Palestine

The Indonesian Embassy in Cairo welcomes the Radjiman Wedyodiningrat Warship (RJW-992) which arrived at the Al Arish Port, North Sinai Province of Egypt at 8.00 A.M. Cairo local time (13/02).…

Celebrating 65 Years of Indonesia - Cambodia Relations: Indonesian Embassy in Phnom Penh Organizes Roundtable Dialogue

Senin, 19 Februari 2024 - 17:31 WIB

Celebrating 65 Years of Indonesia - Cambodia Relations: Indonesian Embassy in Phnom Penh Organizes Roundtable Dialogue

Phnom Penh, Cambodia - The Indonesian Embassy in Phnom Penh organised a Roundtable Dialogue celebrating Indonesia-Cambodia Relations for 65 Years at the embassy (13/2). The event was attended…