Foreign Tourist Visits to Sabang Down
By : Chodijah Febriyani And Aldi Firhand A | Tuesday, February 13 2018 - 22:37 IWST
Minister Arief Yahya open the exhibition of Sabang Sail activities 2017. (Photo: Humas / Anggun)
INDUSTRY.co.id - Sabang- The number of foreign tourists visiting Sabang, Aceh province during January to December 2017 experienced a significant decrease of 39.91 percent compared to the previous year.
"The number of foreign tourists visiting Sabang in 2016 recorded 10,038 people and in 2017 only 6,031 people," said Plt Head of Tourism and Culture of Sabang M. Ali Taufik in Sabang, Tuesday (13/2/2018)
Taufik admitted, the data of tourist visits are obtained from the Ministry of Transportation of the Directorate of Sea Transportation Office of Port Administration of Sabang.
"Nearly 100 percent of tourists visiting Sabang are still using sea transport services, and we sincerely hope the parties can improve service at the port so that tourists are comfortable visiting Sabang," he said.
Furthermore, he said, the decrease of foreign and domestic tourists visit to the National Tourism Strategic Area (KSPN), among others caused by the less friendly weather factor.
"The cause of the decline in tourist visits is one of the weather, even due to bad weather last year there was a cruise ship from Singapore who canceled the dock or docked at the Port of Sabang," said Task Manager Head of Tourism and Culture Sabang City.
Central Government through the Ministry of Tourism of the Republic of Indonesia in 2009 and has set the outermost island of Indonesia's westernmost as the National Tourism Strategic Area (KSPN).
In fact, to boost the visit of tourists to Sabang, the Central Government along with several ministries, and local governments have organized the international iven, namely "Sail Sabang" which lasted from 28 November to 5 December 2017 the theme "Towards Sabang Gate Maritime Tourism Destinations. (Ant)