Minister of Agriculture Makes Sure the Supply of Cipinang Rice is Safe at Flood

By : Herry Barus And Aldo Bella Putra | Tuesday, December 05 2017 - 21:00 IWST

Menteri Pertanian RI Andi Amran Sulaiman melakukan kunjungan kerja di Nagari Rimbo Data
Menteri Pertanian RI Andi Amran Sulaiman melakukan kunjungan kerja di Nagari Rimbo Data

INDUSTRY.co.id - Jakarta - Agriculture Minister Andi Amran Sulaiman said the supply of rice inflows to Cipinang Rice Market, Jakarta (PIBC) is still safe even though some areas are affected by floods.

In his visit to PIBC as a barometer of national rice, Minister Amran said the amount of rice came in on Monday morning totaling 3,493 tons. The amount is considered safe considering the normal rice to enter only 2,500 tons per day.

"Production is improving and safe, supply goes to Cipinang at 07.00 am, there are 3,493 tons, possibly in the afternoon it can be 4,000 to 5,000 tons, which is above normal," said Amran at PIBC East Jakarta, Monday (04/12/2017)

Amran said the above-normal rice supply is safe ahead of the peak harvest in February 2018.

In addition to the availability of safe rice, Amran also mentioned the enactment of Highest Retail Price (HET) by the Ministry of Trade, considered successful because there is still medium rice priced at Rp7.800 per kh or Rp6.240 per liter.

The price is still below the HET set by the government of Rp9.450 per kg. Prior to the introduction of HET, the price of medium rice averaged Rp9,050 per kg.

Amran explained that the current area of ​​December's special harvest is 1.1 million hectares, but 40,000 hectares are affected by the extreme weather.

"We are seeing that the impact from January to now 40 thousand ha, down 26 percent compared to the previous year of 60 to 70 thousand ha because last year La Nina much heavier," said Amran.

37,000 tons On the same occasion, Tjipinang Jaya Food Station President Director Arief Prasetyo Adi explained that rice supply until December 4, 2017 is about 37 thousand tons. This amount is also considered safe because the safe stock limit of 30 thousand tons.

He exposed each region of West Java, Central Java and East Java, still sending rice supply to Cipinang. In fact, the Sulawesi region also has a surplus rice stock at a lower price than the Java area affected by the flood disaster.

"From Cirebon 19.44 percent, Karawang is 20.90 percent and there is also assistance from Bulog 6.7 percent, while in Sulawesi it is very good and everything is surplus there," said Arief.

Ministry of Agriculture projected production during the harvest in February 2018 reached 11 million tons of grain. In addition, Bulog's stock of rice as of December 1, 2017 is 1.13 million tons. This stock is quite safe for up to five months or April 2018.

News Comment

Today's Industry

Grab (Ist)

Kamis, 11 Oktober 2018 - 12:36 WIB

Women Activists Criticize GRAB Indonesia on Victims Harassment Mediation

A number of women activists express their anger and regret at the GRAB Indonesia. The Malaysian applicator response to bring together between a driver partner who is allegedly harassed his passengers…

Senin, 08 Oktober 2018 - 02:30 WIB

PT Pertamina Lubricants Wins Two TOP CSR 2018 Awards

Jakarta - PT Pertamina Lubricants managed to bring home two awards at the TOP CSR 2018 TOP CSR category on Lubricants Business, namely for the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Enduro Student…

Listrik Ilustrasi

Senin, 08 Oktober 2018 - 02:00 WIB

Electrical System in Central Sulawesi is 75% Normal

Jakarta - Electricity, telecommunications, roads, airports and fuel supply (BBM) infrastructure have begun to recover in areas affected by the earthquake in Central Sulawesi. Assistance from…

Samsung

Senin, 08 Oktober 2018 - 01:30 WIB

Samsung and Lazada Strengthen Partnerships in Super Brand Day

Jakarta - Lazada, the largest eCommerce portal in Southeast Asia together with Samsung Electronics Southeast Asia and Oceania, confirmed their regional partnership for three years at the Super…

Menteri BUMN Rini Soemarno (Dok Industry.co.id)

Senin, 08 Oktober 2018 - 01:30 WIB

SOE Assistance for Central Sulawesi Victims Rp. 22 Billion

Jakarta - The Ministry of State-Owned Enterprises (BUMN) recorded social assistance for victims of the earthquake and tsunami in Central Sulawesi reaching Rp.22 billion through CSR funds or…