PT PP is optimistic that the construction of the Pandaan-Malang toll road is on time

By : Herry Barus And Aldi Firhand. A | Wednesday, September 12 2018 - 19:58 IWST

Construction of toll road (Ist)
Construction of toll road (Ist)

INDUSTRY.co.id - Jakarta - PT PP (Persero) Tbk, a construction and investment company, is optimistic that it can complete the construction of the 38.48 kilometer Pandaan-Malang toll road on time, given that by the end of August 2018 it had reached 66 percent.

"The company is optimistic that it can complete the construction work of the Pandaan-Malang Toll Road project until the end of 2018 so that the toll road can be operated optimally in early 2019," said PT PP Tbk (Persero) President Director Lukman Hidayat in Jakarta, Monday (09/10/2018 )

According to him, even though the toll road construction project still leaves 10 percent of the land that has not been released, the company as the contractor and owner of the project through PT Jasamarga Pandaan Malang continues to accelerate physical development and continues to make all efforts to complete the land acquisition needed.

Lukman assessed, the toll road in East Java is one of the national strategic projects launched by the Government where the company is believed to be the main contractor to carry out the construction of the toll road project.

The Toll Road is also part of the Trans Java toll road project whose work is divided into five regional sections, namely Section 1 Pandaan-Purwodadi for 15.5 kilometers, Section 2 Purwodadi-Lawang 8.1 kilometers, Section 3 Lawang-Songosaro for 7 , 1 kilometer, Section 4 Singosari-Pakis along 4.7 kilometers and Section 5 Pakis-Malang along 3.1 kilometers.

"The toll road will be connected to the Gempol-Pandaan Toll Road to Gempol-Surabaya. The toll road is able to cut the travel time of Pandaan-Pasuruan-Malang in less than an hour," he said.

In addition, the existence of the toll road can reduce the density of arterial roads or national roads connecting the Pandaan-Malang road segment so as to facilitate industrial transportation because the route is access to the tourist cities of Malang and Batu.

Beautiful scenery along the road is one of the advantages of the Pandaan-Malang toll road.

Pandaan-Malang Toll Road is an investment project owned by PT Jasamarga Pandaan Malang where the ownership consists of three state-owned enterprises, namely PT Jasamarga (Persero) Tbk by 60 percent, PT PP (Persero) Tbk by 35 percent and PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (Persero) for five percent.

In terms of cost, the toll road project has an investment cost of up to Rp. 5.97 trillion, which originates from 30 percent of the company's capital and the remaining 70 percent comes from bank loans.

News Comment

Today's Industry

Luke Tucker, Senior Director of Community at HackerOne (Photo by Linkedin)

Rabu, 05 Agustus 2020 - 22:00 WIB

Security Engineers by Day, Hackers by Night – An Interview with Two of Singapore’s Top Ethical Hackers

Over the years, the perception of the term “hacker” has changed. Once seen as only criminals, there are now over 800,000 registered security professionals on HackerOne, the world’s trusted…

Patrick Carey, Director of Product Marketing, Synopsys (Photo by Linkedin)

Rabu, 05 Agustus 2020 - 21:45 WIB

Developers are Not Security Experts, but They can be with The Right Tools

Software has revolutionised the way in which we work, live and play. This is particularly true in the realm of software security, as development teams are releasing code faster than ever before.

Darrell Adams, Head of Southeast Asia & Oceania, Universal Robots (Photo by LinkedIn)

Rabu, 05 Agustus 2020 - 21:25 WIB

5 Reasons Why You Need Collaborative Automation For Today's World

The benefits of collaborative automation are undisputed – more profitability, productivity, flexibility, higher quality and even more employee satisfaction.

Friedhelm Best - Vice President Asia Pacific, HIMA (Photo by HIMA)

Rabu, 05 Agustus 2020 - 21:10 WIB

3 Essential Considerations When Modernizing the Safety System of Industrial Facilities

As countries in Asia start to ease restrictions and more businesses return to operation in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, industrial plant operators are strategising a return to normality…

Gil Yankovitch, Firmware Technology Lead and Ram Yonish, Firmware Security Evangelist (former co-founders of Cymplify Security, acquired by Check Point) (Photo by LinkedIn)

Rabu, 05 Agustus 2020 - 21:00 WIB

While IoT security standards lag, IoT security companies innovate – Overview of trends in IoT cyber security

While IoT and OT devices proliferate, IoT security standards and regulations are few and far between. Unsurprisingly, this puts individuals, enterprises and states at major risk.