Gov’t Extends Micro-Scale Restrictions to 28 June
By : Nata Kesuma | Thursday, June 17 2021 - 15:40 IWST
Minister of Home Affairs Tito Karnavian. Photo by: PR of Cabinet Secretariat
INDUSTRY.co.id - The Government has decided to extend the implementation of Micro-Scale Activity Restrictions (PPKM Mikro) from 15 June to 28 June 2021.
The implementation of the restrictions is based on the Instruction of Minister of Home Affairs Number 13 of 2021. The provisions in the Instruction are as follows:
- Activities at Office:
- Implementing work from home policy for 75 percent of workers and work form office policy for 25 percent of workers in red zones.
- Implementing work from home policy for 50 percent of workers and work form office policy for 50 percent of workers in orange and yellow zones.
- The implementation of the work from home and work from office policies is coupled with the implementation of stricter health protocols.
- Implementation of teaching and learning activities:
- For regencies/cities in yellow and orange zones, the teaching and learning activities are carried out in accordance with technical provisions stipulated by Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology with the implementation of stricter health protocols;
- For regencies/cities in red zones, the teaching and learning activities are carried out via online learning; and
- Further provisions shall be stipulated in regional regulations (perda) or regional head regulations (perkada).
- Essential sectors (health, food, beverages, energy, communication and information technology, finance, banking, payment systems, capital markets, logistics, hotels, construction, strategic industries, basic services, public utilities, industries of national/specific vital objects, and basic needs), may operate 100 percent with stricter regulation of operating hours, capacity, and implementation of health protocols.
- Restrictions on:
- Restaurant activities (50 percent of the capacity for dine-in). Food delivery/take-away services are still permitted according to restaurant operating hours with stricter implementation of health protocols.
- Operating hours for shopping centers/malls (not later than 21.00) with stricter implementation of health protocols and 50 percent limit on visitor capacity.
- Construction activities (may operate 100 percent with stricter implementation of health protocols).
- Place of Worship:
- For regencies/cities not located in red zones, places of worship may operate with maximum 50 percent of the capacity and stricter implementation of health protocols; and
- For regencies/cities in red zones, strict restrictions shall be implemented and worship activities at home shall be optimized.
- Public facilities are permitted to operate with a maximum capacity of 50 percent and with the provisions stipulated in regional regulations (perda) or regional head regulations (perkada).
- Art, social and cultural activities are permitted for a maximum of 25 percent of the capacity with stricter implementation of health protocols.
- Provisions for the capacity and operating hours of public transportation are stipulated by regional governments.
- The implementation of the micro-scale restrictions that is carried out simultaneously with local restrictions may be adjusted to the regional risk zoning.
The Instruction also stipulates the indicators for implementing the restrictions, including mortality rate, recovery rate, active cases rate; Bed Occupancy Rate for ICU and isolation rooms; and positivity rate.
Governors and Regents/Mayors are also ordered to disseminate the restrictions policy, and further intensify the enforcement of health protocols (using face masks, washing hands, maintaining distance, avoiding crowds, and reducing mobility) as well as strengthen testing, tracing, and treatment.
Minster of Home Affairs also orders Governors and Regents/Mayors to control activities in public facilities/tourist destinations/parks by implementing the obligation of antigen/Ge-Nose test screening for indoor paid facilities/tourist destinations; implementing strict health protocols in outdoor public facilities/ tourist destinations; and prohibiting activities in public facilities/tourist destinations/parks located in red and orange zones.
The Minister also orders Governors/Mayors and Commander of the Regional Military Command to monitor the entry of Indonesian Migrant Workers (PMI) through the Provinces of Jakarta, West Java, Central Java, East Java, North Sumatra, West Nusa Tenggara, Riau Islands, West Kalimantan, and North Kalimantan in coordination with relevant ministries/agencies (Customs and Immigration).