Per September 2017, Buyung Poetra Sembada's Sales Grow 10%

By : Abraham Sihombing And Aldo Bella Putra | Thursday, November 02 2017 - 22:00 IWST

PT Buyung Poetra Sembada (Foto Abraham Sihombing)
PT Buyung Poetra Sembada (Foto Abraham Sihombing)

INDUSTRY.co.id - Jakarta - PT Buyung Poetra Sembada Tbk (HOKI), a distributor of rice branded Koki Hat, posted sales of Rp900 billion as of September 2017, growing 10 percent compared to the same period in 2016 worth Rp816 billion.

The sales growth was able to boost net profit during the period by 24% to Rp36 billion. As of September 2016, HOKI posted a net profit of Rp29 billion.

"Sales growth is driven by higher demand, both in traditional markets and modern retail markets, as of September 2017 compared to the same period in 2016," said Dion Surijata, Investor Relations of HOKI, in Jakarta, Thursday (02/11/2017).

Dion points out; demand for rice from traditional markets is higher than in the modern retail market. The reason is the most of the demand from traditional markets compared in the modern retail market.

"The high demand makes us able to overcome the obstacles of the famine season, the increase in rice prices and the existence of the highest retail price policy so that the performance of HOKI until the end of September 2017 is still quite good," said Dion.

Dion explained that HOKI management has not changed the target market yet, but the target market change can be done according to the demand of rice packaging only.

Approximately 57% of HOKI's sales came from sales of packaged rice in traditional markets and the remaining 43% was contributed by sales of packaging rice in the modern retail market. To increase market penetration, HOKI also sells rice to hotels and restaurants.

However, Dion did not mention the amount of rice sales to hotels and restaurants that could support HOKI's sales performance.

To be sure, according to Dion, the consolidated sales value recorded by HOKI as of September 2017 includes the sale of broken rice, rice bran and bran.

In addition, the company also penetrated into rice sales online. Nevertheless, Dion admitted, online rice sales are not too developed compared with the way of regular sales.

"Although the sales contribution is still small, but HOKI management will continue to continue selling rice online," said Dion.

Dion predicts HOKI will book sales up to Rp 1 trillion until the end of 2017. This prediction is not much different from the company's sales realization in 2016. (Abraham Sihombing)

News Comment

Today's Industry

NORD-DuoDrive.jpg: The innovative and patented DuoDrive geared motor reaches outstanding system efficiency Image: NORD DRIVESYSTEMS

Selasa, 17 Mei 2022 - 14:00 WIB

NORD DRIVESYSTEMS at LogiMAT in Stuttgart From 31st May to 2nd June 2022 NORD will present innovative drive solutions for intralogistics

The specialist LogiMAT exhibition in Stuttgart offers as comprehensive overview of the intralogistics and process management market. As one of the market leaders for drive technology, NORD presents…

President Jokowi attends the meeting between ASEAN leaders and American entrepreneurs at Intercontinental the Willard Hotel, Washington DC, Thursday (05/12). Photo by: Laily Rachev

Selasa, 17 Mei 2022 - 13:00 WIB

President Jokowi Invites US CEOs to Boost Cooperation with Indonesia

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has invited company CEOs in the United States to boost cooperation with ASEAN countries, particularly Indonesia.

President Jokowi, President Biden, and ASEAN Leaders on a group photo prior to the dinner, at the White House, Washington D.C., Thursday (05/12)

Selasa, 17 Mei 2022 - 12:28 WIB

President Jokowi, ASEAN Leaders Attend Dinner Hosted by US President

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo Thursday (05/12) attended a dinner with the leaders of ASEAN countries hosted by President of the United States Joe Biden at the White House, Washington D.C.

(Photo: © 2022 KRAIBURG TPE)

Selasa, 17 Mei 2022 - 11:23 WIB

TPE unleashes benefits for pet accessories

The pet care market is rapidly expanding as pet ownership increases, as does spending on pet food, grooming tools, and accessories. Pet owners are significantly concerned about the prevalence…

Sergey Sedov, Founder and CEO of Robocash Group

Jumat, 13 Mei 2022 - 16:15 WIB

Robocash Group reached 2 BN USD of disbursement and issued audited financial report of 2021

Robocash Group publishes the audited combined financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2021. The Group reached an all-time high 2 BN USD of issued financing and is expected to increase…