President Jokowi Agrees on the Revocation of Mount Agung Emergency Response
By : Herry Barus And Aldo Bella Putra | Saturday, December 23 2017 - 20:00 IWST
INDUSTRY.co.id - Denpasar - President Joko Widodo approved the lifting of Gunung Agung disaster emergency response status in Karangasem regency, which was also decided in a limited meeting to discuss the tourism sector along with a number of Minister of Work Cabinet, Denpasar, Friday night (22/12/2017).
"But the refugees are still being handled well, and the process if Gunung Agung is to be seen will be eruption, evacuation management step-step, safety is the main," said the President after presiding at the limited meeting at Wisma Diklat PUPR Werdhapura, Sanur, Denpasar, that.
Meanwhile, Bali Governor Made Mangku Pastika said logistics for refugees would still be issued, even though his emergency response status was lifted.
"Because the emergency term actually does not state that Bali is an emergency, so I often say that the emergency response is for refugees, in relation to logistics, not all of Bali is in an emergency," he said as quoted by Antara.
To meet the needs of refugee logistics, Pastika continued, first will use the reserve of rice owned by the Provincial Government of Bali as much as 200 tons and belonging to the District Government of Karangasem as much as 100 tons, and if less can request to the Ministry of Social Affairs.
"So far, the impression is everywhere, as if the whole Bali emergency, consequently other countries issued travel ban, travel warning, travel advisory, whereas the emergency response is related to refugees and logistics," said Pastika.