6 PLN Sofifi Official Service Units Run 24 Hours Operating System
By : Hariyanto And Aldo Bella Putra | Wednesday, December 27 2017 - 19:00 IWST
Ilustrasi pekerja PLN (ist)
INDUSTRY.co.id - Morotai - PT PLN (Persero) inaugurated Electricity Village (Lisdes) eleven villages in Halmahera Island and Morotai Island.
On that occasion, 6 units of PLN Area Sofifi Service also officially run the 24-hour electricity operation system, which previously operated for 12 hours. These units include:
1. Mother service unit that serves electricity in the District of Mother, District South Ibu, and District Tabaru.
2. Kedi service unit that serves electricity in District Loloda
3. Buli service unit serving the electricity in Maba and Maba Tengah sub-districts
4. Subaim service unit serving electricity in Wasile Sub-District, East Wasile District and South Wasile
5. Bere-Bere service unit that serves electricity in North Morotai District and some villages in District Morotai Jaya
6. Sopi service unit serving the electricity of some villages in District Morotai Jaya
General Manager of PLN Maluku and North Maluku Region Djoko Dwijatno conveyed with the operation of electricity village in some areas may hopefully improve the economic activities of the community.
"In addition, we will also improve services by inaugurating the Daruba Service Unit into Unit Rayon, so we can be more leverage in serving the community in the island of Morotai and surrounding areas" said Djoko.
Targeted electricity at 6 Villages in Gebe Island, Central Halmahera, North Maluku can be operated by the end of 2017 and targeted by 2018 PLN will re-enable 48 villages in Halmahera and Morotai.
As for the change of operating pattern from 12 to 24 hours, PLN targets the Patani Service Unit to operate 24 hours by the end of December 2017 as well as Lolobata Service Unit, Bicoli Service Unit and Maffa Service Unit at the end of January 2018. That means, in the future all existing electrical system on Halmahera Island and Morotai Island are already operating 24 hours.
PLN customers throughout the region are now also officially using Prepaid Electricity / Smart Electricity with a total of 71,576 subscribers. Thus, currently 67.05% of all customers in Halmahera and Morotai have used Prepaid Electricity / Smart Power and are targeted as soon as possible all customers in other areas also use it.
Djoko Dwijatno also added that the use of Prepaid Electricity / Smart Power has benefits for customers that help to control the electricity consumption and not subject to late fees and avoid sanctions termination due to late paying electricity.
"We hope this can also be realized in other Units in Maluku and North Maluku", he added.