Conducive Tourism Industry, Bali Airport Reaches 22 Million Passengers Targets

By : Chodijah Febriyani And Aldi Firhand A | Wednesday, January 10 2018 - 23:22 IWST

Bandara I Gusti Ngurah Rai di Bali dan Sultan Hasanuddin, Makassar Raih Penghargaan Dunia
Bandara I Gusti Ngurah Rai di Bali dan Sultan Hasanuddin, Makassar Raih Penghargaan Dunia

INDUSTRY.co.id - Denpasar - Airport Manager I Gusti Ngurah Rai, Bali, is optimistic to reach the target of approaching 22 million domestic and international passengers during 2018, one of them being driven by IMF and World Bank meeting.

"Overall good in the airport and tourism sector that handles tourists in Bali is conducive so they are more comfortable coming," said Head of Administration Office of Airport Authority Region IV Bali and Nusa Tenggara Alexander Rita after the closure of integrated post Natal monitoring and new year at the airport local in Kuta, Badung regency, Tuesday (9/1/2017)

According to Alex, the optimism is also driven by the movement of passengers in 2017 reached 21 million people or exceeded the target of 20 million.

Last year's achievement exceeded the 2016 target of 19.9 million people, both domestic and international passengers.

Head of Public Relations Division of I Gusti Ngurah Rai Arie Ahsanurrohim International Airport, as quoted by Antara, added that for a year the proportion of passengers at the airport is on average 48 percent of passengers in the country and the rest or 52 percent are international passengers.

The average number of passengers per day, he continued, reaching 59 thousand to 60 thousand people.

Arie noted the average passenger growth reached 7-8 percent per month during the period January to October 2017.

However, due to the eruption crisis of Mount Agung, the period from November to December 2017, the number of passengers, he said, grew to slow to five percent during the two months that year.

This is confirmed by the results of the integrated monitoring of Christmas and new year with a decrease in the number of passengers by 3.8 percent compared to last year for 22 days period December 18, 2017 to January 8, 2018.

During that period, Ngurah Rai Airport served 1.25 million passengers consisting of 695 thousand domestic passengers and 558 thousand international passengers.

The number of additional flights previously proposed by airlines during the Christmas and New Year periods totaled 546 flights, realizing 254 flights.

"The achievement is inseparable from the post-closure airport recovery process due to Gunung Agung activity in November last year," he said

News Comment

Today's Industry

President Jokowi inaugurates 17 Indonesian Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary at the State Palace in Jakarta (25/10/2021). (Source: YouTube Channel of Presidential Secretariat)

Senin, 25 Oktober 2021 - 20:40 WIB

President Jokowi Inaugurates 17 New Ambassadors

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo Monday (25/10/2021) at the State Palace, Jakarta, inaugurated 17 Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary (LBBP) of the Republic of Indonesia to Friendly…

President Jokowi receives Letters of Credence from four new Ambassadors of friendly countries, at the Merdeka Palace, Jakarta Province, in September. (Photo by: Presidential Secretariat/Lukas)

Senin, 25 Oktober 2021 - 18:50 WIB

President Jokowi Receives Letters of Credence from Nine New Ambassadors

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, on Monday (25/10), received Letters of Credence from nine new Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary (LBPP) of Friendly Countries to the Republic of…

Widodo Sucipto, President Director of PT Hydrotech Metal Indonesia.

Selasa, 19 Oktober 2021 - 15:47 WIB

Hydrotech Metal are Getting Closer to Canada Securities Exchange

PT Hydrotech Metal Indonesia are getting closer to Canada Securities Exchange, after the signing of Share Exchange Agreement with a Canadian company recently. The signing was done virtually…

Vice President Ma’ruf Amin and his spouse Ibu Wury head to Ambon for a working visit, Wednesday (13/10). (Photo by: Vice Presidential Secretariat)

Jumat, 15 Oktober 2021 - 22:10 WIB

VP Ma’ruf Amin to Close 20th PON in Papua

Vice President Ma’ruf Amin, on Friday (15/10), is scheduled to close the 20th National Sports Week (PON) in Papua at the Lukas Enembe Stadium, Jayapura regency. The Vice President, his spouse…

President Joko Widodo inaugurates Waringin Peak and Batu Cermin tourism area arrangements and eight road segments in Labuan Bajo, East Nusa Tenggara province, Thursday (14/10). (Photo by: PR of Cabinet Secretariat/Rahmat)

Jumat, 15 Oktober 2021 - 20:30 WIB

President Jokowi Inaugurates Area Arrangements in Labuan Bajo

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, Thursday (14/10), inaugurated Waringin Peak and Batu Cermin tourism area arrangements and eight road segments at Waringin Peak, Labuan Bajo village, Komodo…