RR: Government Policy Not Probing People

By : Herry Barus And Aldo Bella Putra | Sunday, April 15 2018 - 14:04 IWST

Tokoh nasional Rizal Ramli (Foto Dok Industry.co.id)
Tokoh nasional Rizal Ramli (Foto Dok Industry.co.id)

INDUSTRY.co.id - Bandung - National Figures Rizal Ramli analyzes Indonesia's 2018 growth is stagnant at five percent. So is the economic growth in 2019.

According to Rizal, there is still an imbalance in lending. Where, large industries still dominate the credit channeled by the government.

The founder thinks Econit thinks it is a glass in which big business and State-Owned Enterprises (BUMNs) are in a glass cup getting credit, then medium business is just in the neck of the glass, and the majority of people are at the bottom of the glass.

"Our problem, like this is the economic structure in Indonesia. As much as 83 percent of credit only flows to big business, the remaining 17 percent to medium business and people. Middle entrepreneurs only a little, the remaining 60 million small businesses with married, Muslims under. I apologize," said Rizal in Bandung (14/4/2018).

The former United Nations Economic Adviser (UN) is also critical of government policies that are considered not pro-people. According to him, it causes the economic structure of Indonesia is very unhealthy.

"The condition is created because, the economic ministers are neo-liberalist. So do not expect the life of the people of Indonesia will be more prosperous," said Rizal Ramli.

Rizal also stressed that the first factor of stagnant economic growth is the corrupt practice that has reached the systemic level. Dozens of regional heads who became suspects of corruption clearly obstruct economic activity.

"The solution is simple; the state must finance the party, as in Europe and Australia. So the party can focus to educate qualified cadres," explained Rizal Ramli.

The second factor is less resilient, innovative and bold. He said, Indonesia must learn from the famous Vietnamese tenacious and hardworking. Because, in fact the economic growth of the country that once managed to drive the US soldiers managed to surpass Indonesia.

While the third factor, according to this national figure, since the era of President Soeharto's economic system adopted by Indonesia is a system of neoliberal ala World Bank. In fact, there are alternative systems available, as is done by China and Vietnam.

"I believe it can grow 10 percent annually. The key is simple, point me (Rizal Ramli) so President. So aja kok bother," concluded Rizal Ramli.

News Comment

Today's Industry

NORD-DuoDrive.jpg: The innovative and patented DuoDrive geared motor reaches outstanding system efficiency Image: NORD DRIVESYSTEMS

Selasa, 17 Mei 2022 - 14:00 WIB

NORD DRIVESYSTEMS at LogiMAT in Stuttgart From 31st May to 2nd June 2022 NORD will present innovative drive solutions for intralogistics

The specialist LogiMAT exhibition in Stuttgart offers as comprehensive overview of the intralogistics and process management market. As one of the market leaders for drive technology, NORD presents…

President Jokowi attends the meeting between ASEAN leaders and American entrepreneurs at Intercontinental the Willard Hotel, Washington DC, Thursday (05/12). Photo by: Laily Rachev

Selasa, 17 Mei 2022 - 13:00 WIB

President Jokowi Invites US CEOs to Boost Cooperation with Indonesia

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has invited company CEOs in the United States to boost cooperation with ASEAN countries, particularly Indonesia.

President Jokowi, President Biden, and ASEAN Leaders on a group photo prior to the dinner, at the White House, Washington D.C., Thursday (05/12)

Selasa, 17 Mei 2022 - 12:28 WIB

President Jokowi, ASEAN Leaders Attend Dinner Hosted by US President

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo Thursday (05/12) attended a dinner with the leaders of ASEAN countries hosted by President of the United States Joe Biden at the White House, Washington D.C.

(Photo: © 2022 KRAIBURG TPE)

Selasa, 17 Mei 2022 - 11:23 WIB

TPE unleashes benefits for pet accessories

The pet care market is rapidly expanding as pet ownership increases, as does spending on pet food, grooming tools, and accessories. Pet owners are significantly concerned about the prevalence…

PT Sariguna Primatirta Tbk (Tanobel Group)

Jumat, 13 Mei 2022 - 15:45 WIB

Demand Increases, CLEO Recorded IDR307.7 Billion Sales in Q1-2022

PT Sariguna Primatirta Tbk (Tanobel Group), a public company and manufacturer of Bottled Drinking Water (AMDK) with the IDX ticker code: CLEO: IJ, recorded a 30% increase in sales reaching IDR307.7…