This is the distribution of 13 geothermal power plants in Indonesia
By : Hariyanto And Aldo Bella Putra | Wednesday, May 09 2018 - 23:00 IWST
Pembangkit Listrik Tenaga Panas Bumi
INDUSTRY.co.id - Jakarta - Geothermal energy resources in Indonesia are estimated to reach around 28.5 Giga Watt electrical (GWe) which consists of 11,073 MW of resources and 17,453 MW reserves, making Indonesia one of the largest geothermal resources in the world.
The existence of this energy source is closely related to the position of Indonesia which is on the world tectonic framework. As one of the most potential renewable energy sources, the Government continues to push for increased geothermal utilization in Indonesia.
Based on the latest data from the Directorate of Geothermal, Directorate General of New Energy, Renewable and Energy Conservation, the utilized geothermal resources have reached 1,948.5 MW consisting of 13 Geothermal Power Plants (PLTP) in 11 Geothermal Working Areas (WKP ).
Distribution 13 Geothermal Power Plant (PLTP) installed based on geographical location from western to eastern part of Indonesia as follows:
1. PLTP Sibayak with operator / developer of PT Pertamina Geothermal Energy; total capacity of 12 MW; WKP, Sibayak location - Sinabung, North Sumatra
2. PLTP Sarulla with operator / developer Sarulla Operation Ltd; total capacity of 330 MW; WKP, Sibual-buali location, North Sumatra
3. Ulubelu PLTP with operator / developer of PT Pertamina Geothermal Energy; total capacity of 220 MW; WKP, Waypanas location, Lampung
4. PLTP Salak with operator / developer of PT Star Energy Geothermal Salak. Ltd; total capacity 377 MW; WKP, location of Cibeureum - Parabakti, West Java
5. PLTP Wayang Windu with operator / developer of Star Energy Geothermal Wayang Windu; total capacity of 227 MW; WKP, location of Pangalengan, West Java
6. PLTP Patuha with operator / developer of PT Geo Dipa Energy; total capacity 55 MW; WKP, location of Pangalengan, West Java
7. PLTP Kamojang with operator / developer of PT Pertamina Geothermal Energy; total capacity of 235 MW; WKP, location Kamojang - Darajat, West Java
8. PLTP Darajat with Star Energy Geothermal Drajat operator / developer; total capacity 270 MW; WKP, location Kamojang - Darajat, West Java
9. PLTP Dieng with operator / developer of PT Geo Dipa Energy; total capacity of 60 MW; WKP, Dieng Plateau location, Central Java
10. PLTP Karaha with operator / developer of PT Pertamina Geothermal Energy; total capacity of 30 MW; WKP, location of Karaha Bodas, West Java
11. PLTP Matalako with operator / developer of PT Perusahaan Listrik Negara; total capacity of 2.5 MW; WKP, Matalako location, NTT
12. PLTP Ulumbu with operator / developer PT Perusahaan Listrik Negara, total capacity 10 MW; WKP, Ulumbu location, NTT
13. PLTP Lahendong with operator / developer of PT Pertamina Geothermal Energy; total capacity of 120 MW; WKP, Lahendong location - Tompaso, North Sulawesi
Especially for PLTP Karaha, just commercially operated on April 6, 2018. With the operation of this Karaha PLTP able to melistriki 33 thousand houses in Tasikmalaya and surrounding areas. This achievement is the realization of the government's proposed 35,000 MW program, which will improve the reliability of Java-Bali transmission systems with an additional 227 Giga Watt hour (GWh) of electricity per year.
Furthermore, in the second quarter of 2018, it is planned that additional installed capacity of 110 MW consists of: PLTP Sorik Marapi Modullar Unit 1, PLTP Sorik Marapi Marapi Modullar Unit 2, PLTP Balai Unit 1 and PLTP Sokoria Unit 1.
In the future, the development of the geothermal industry is expected to reach the eastern region of Indonesia and its utilization not only as a generator can also be used directly as for agriculture industry (for example drying of agricultural produce, sterilization of plant media, and cultivation of certain plants) tours that have been done at this time.