Leani Ratri Oktila-Hary Susanto Win Second Gold Medal for Indonesia at Tokyo Paralympics
By : Nata Kesuma | Tuesday, September 07 2021 - 05:38 IWST
Badminton pair Leani Ratri Oktila and Hary Susanto (Photo by: ANTARA FOTO/Akbar Nugroho)
INDUSTRY.co.id - Paralympic badminton pair Leani Ratri Oktila and Hary Susanto won the second gold medal for Indonesian contingent in the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
Ratri and Hary, who played at the SL3-SU5 mixed doubles final para-badminton event at Yoyogi National Stadium, Sunday (05/09), succeeded to achieve a gold medal after defeating French pair Lucas Mazur and Faustine Noel in two straight games, with scores of 23-21 and 21-17.
Previously, Ratri also played at the SL4 women’s singles today (05/09) and won a silver medal after her lost to Cheng Hefang from China in tight rubber games with scores of 19-21, 21-17, and 16-21.
Indonesia also achieved another medal in para-badminton from athlete Fredy Setiawan.
Fredy who competed in the SL4 men’s singles today achieved a silver medal after winning from Indian athlete Tarun in two games straight with scores of 21-17 and 21-11.
With the additional three medals, the Red and White Contingent has won nine medals (two golds, three silvers, and four bronzes) and ranked 43rd.
The nine medals were won by:
- Leani Ratri Oktila and Khalimatus Sadiyah in SL3-SU5 women’s doubles para-badminton (gold medal);
- Leani Ratri Oktila and Hary Susanto in SL3-SU5 mixed doubles para-badminton (gold medal);
- Ni Nengah Widiasih in women’s 41-kg para-powerlifting (silver medal);
- Dheva Anrimusthi in SU5 men’s singles para-badminton (silver medal);
- Leani Ratri Oktila in SL4 women’s singles para-badminton (silver medal);
- Saptouogo Purnomo in T37 men’s 100-meter para-athletics (bronze medal);
- David Jacobs in men’s singles class 10 para-tennis table (bronze medal);
- Suryo Nugroho in SU5 men’s singles para-badminton (bronze medal); and Fredy Setiawan in SL4 men’s singles para-badminton (bronze medal).