Bank Indonesia Efficiency of Interconnection Payment System

By : Abraham Sihombing And Aldo Bella Putra | Monday, December 04 2017 - 22:30 IWST

Bank Indonesia
Bank Indonesia

INDUSTRY.co.id - Jakarta - Bank Indonesia (BI) conducts efficiency in the interconnection payment system by launching a platform called the National Payment Gateway (GPN) or also known as the National Paymen Gateway (NPG).

The platform can then cut the cost of interconnection payments, making it cheaper. In addition, all payment transactions through these platforms can be done domestically so that the system is assessed to be safer, faster and more efficient.

During this time, domestic interconnection payment process is still going abroad. Because the Indonesian banking sector is still using a platform which is a foreign product to run the interconnection payment system.

"The previous interconnection payment process is done overseas and then routed back to Indonesia so it is inefficient. The reason is, there are still costs to pay for such processing services," said Agus Martowardojo, Governor of Bank Indonesia (BI) in Jakarta, Monday (04/12/2017).

Agus explained, for now, such interconnection payment process is not efficient anymore because about 80% actually happens in the country and the remaining 20% ​​overseas.

News Comment

Today's Industry

Launch of OKINO C100, tiny vape with O-Tape Coil technology. (Photo: OKINO Public Relations)

Kamis, 29 September 2022 - 15:38 WIB

OKINO C100, Tiny Vape With O-Tape Coil Technology

The consumption of e-cigarettes in Indonesia continues to increase. The Indonesian Personal Vaporizer Association (APVI) estimates that there are currently 2.2 million e-cigarette (vape) users.…

EH Free Swinging Hinges

Kamis, 29 September 2022 - 12:00 WIB

Southco Introduces Free-Swinging Hinges in New Materials to Meet Demanding, Heavy-Duty Applications

Southco Asia Ltd., a subsidiary of Southco Inc., a leading global provider of engineered access solutions such as locks, latches, captive fasteners, electronic access solutions and hinges/ positioning…

President Jokowi distributes direct cash assistance in South Buton regency, Southeast Sulawesi province, Tuesday (09/27). (Photo by: BPMI Presidential Secretariat/Laily Rachev)

Rabu, 28 September 2022 - 21:50 WIB

President Jokowi Distributes Assistances in South Buton

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo Tuesday (09/27) distributed direct cash assistance (BLT) for fuel for beneficiaries of Family Hope Program (PKH) at Batauga post office, South Buton regency,…

President Jokowi at the inspection at PT Wika Bitumen, Buton regency, Southeast Sulawesi province, Tuesday (09/27). (Photo by: BPMI Presidential Secretariat/Laily Rachev)

Rabu, 28 September 2022 - 19:00 WIB

President Jokowi Pushes for Revival of Asphalt Producing Industries in Buton

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo Tuesday (09/27) expressed hope to Buton regency, Southeast Sulawesi province to maximize its potential so it can re-emerge as an asphalt-manufacturing industrial…

KRAIBURG TPE presents THERMOLAST® R

Rabu, 28 September 2022 - 17:00 WIB

KRAIBURG TPE to campaign in Düsseldorf: The focus is on sustainable products and discussion

To ensure that customers of KRAIBURG TPE always achieve the best result, individual materials solutions are developed for many requested applications. The result: Right in time for the 2022…